New York City DOH
New York State DOH
WHO – World Health Organization
CDC – Centers for Disease Control And Prevention
- From the White House Coronavirus Task Force
- Guidance Prevent Spread
- Guidance Home Care
- CDC Test on Coronavirus, US
COVID-19 Handbook by Jack Ma Foundation
- John Hopkin’s Global Impact
- ArcGIS Hub
- FCMS Website to Corona Virus in US and Canada
CAIPA, CAMS are members of the FCMS
- Pandemic Rapid-response Optimization To Enhance Community-Resilience and Health
- Helping with Seniors’ Mental Health During COVID-19
Letter to FCMS Board of Directors and members about COVID-19
- JAMA Interview with Dr. Fauci
- Retracted Letter From Wuhan
- Letter From the Front Line
- Liu Zhiming, MD
- Li Wenliang, MD
- Serving As A Doctor in Hong Kong
- Emergency Airway Management
- Jama Network
Knowing the risks of contracting the illness, coupled with caring for affected colleagues, is something all staff who experienced the SARS epidemic will never forget.
- Psychological Impact of Quarantine
- Psychological Support Measures for Hospital Staff in Wuhan
- Challenges for Mental Health in Older Adults in China
- Review on Facemasks
US National Library of Medicine
- The Continuing 2019-nCoV Epidemic Threat of Novel Coronaviruses to Global Health – The Latest 2019 Novel Coronavirus Outbreak in Wuhan, China
DS Hui et al. Int J Infect Dis 91, 264-266. Feb 2020. PMID 31953166.
- Emerging Understandings of 2019-nCoV
The Lancet. Lancet 395 (10221), 311. 2020. PMID 31986259.
- Medical Journals and the 2019-nCoV Outbreak
EJ Rubin et al. N Engl J Med. 2020. PMID 31986242.
- A Novel Coronavirus From Patients With Pneumonia in China, 2019
N Zhu et al. N Engl J Med. 2020. PMID 31978945.
In December 2019, a cluster of patients with pneumonia of unknown cause was linked to a seafood wholesale market in Wuhan, China. A previously unknown betacoronavirus was …
- Clinical Features of Patients Infected With 2019 Novel Coronavirus in Wuhan, China
C Huang et al. Lancet. 2020. PMID 31986264.
Ministry of Science and Technology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, National Natural Science Foundation of China, and Beijing Municipal Science and Technology Commis …
- Drug Treatment Options for the 2019-new Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
H Lu. Biosci Trends. 2020. PMID 31996494.
As of January 22, 2020, a total of 571 cases of the 2019-new coronavirus (2019-nCoV) have been reported in 25 provinces (districts and cities) in China. At present, there …
- Updated Understanding of the Outbreak of 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in Wuhan, China
W Wang et al. J Med Virol. 2020. PMID 31994742.
The infection of 2019-nCoV is spreading and increasing nationwide. The first occurred deaths were majorly elderly people who might have faster disease progresses. The pub …
- The First Two Cases of 2019-nCoV in Italy: Where They Come From?
M Giovanetti et al. J Med Virol. 2020. PMID 32022275.
A novel Coronavirus, 2019-nCoV, has been identified as the causal pathogen of an ongoing epidemic, with the first cases reported in Wuhan, China, last December 2019, and …
- Preliminary Estimation of the Basic Reproduction Number of Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in China, From 2019 to 2020: A Data-Driven Analysis in the Early Phase of the Outbreak
S Zhao et al. Int J Infect Dis. 2020. PMID 32007643.
The early outbreak data largely follows the exponential growth. We estimated that the meanR0 ranges from 2.24 (95%CI: 1.96-2.55) to 3.58 (95%CI: 2.89-4.39) ass …
- Detection of 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) by Real-Time RT-PCR
VM Corman et al. Euro Surveill 25 (3). Jan 2020. PMID 31992387.
BackgroundThe ongoing outbreak of the recently emerged novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) poses a challenge for public health laboratories as virus isolates are unavailable wh …
- Full-genome Evolutionary Analysis of the Novel Corona Virus (2019-nCoV) Rejects the Hypothesis of Emergence as a Result of a Recent Recombination Event
D Paraskevis et al. Infect Genet Evol 79, 104212. 2020. PMID 32004758.
The levels of genetic similarity between the 2019-nCoV and RaTG13 suggest that the latter does not provide the exact variant that caused the outbreak in humans, but the h …
- Offline: 2019-nCoV Outbreak-Early Lessons
R Horton. Lancet 395 (10221), 322. 2020. PMID 32007152.
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Pneumonia
P Liu et al. Radiology 200257. 2020. PMID 32013795.
- Return of the Coronavirus: 2019-nCoV
LE Gralinski et al. Viruses 12 (2). 2020. PMID 31991541.
The emergence of a novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) has awakened the echoes of SARS-CoV from nearly two decades ago. Yet, with technological advances and important lessons g …
- Potential of Large ‘First Generation’ Human-To-Human Transmission of 2019-nCoV
X Li et al. J Med Virol. 2020. PMID 31997390.
To investigate the genetic diversity, time origin, and evolutionary history of the 2019-nCoV outbreak in China and Thailand, a total of 12 genome sequences of the virus w …
- The Fight Against the 2019-nCoV Outbreak: An Arduous March Has Just Begun
JH Yoo. J Korean Med Sci 35 (4), e56. 2020. PMID 31997618.
- CT Imaging Features of 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
M Chung et al. Radiology 200230. 2020. PMID 32017661.
In this retrospective case series, chest CT scans of 21 symptomatic patients from China infected with the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) were reviewed with emphasis o …
- Nowcasting and Forecasting the Potential Domestic and International Spread of the 2019-nCoV Outbreak Originating in Wuhan, China: A Modelling Study
JT Wu et al. Lancet. 2020. PMID 32014114.
Health and Medical Research Fund (Hong Kong, China).
- Origins of MERS-CoV, and Lessons for 2019-nCoV
JS Ji. Lancet Planet Health. 2020. PMID 32007135.
- CT Imaging of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Pneumonia
J Lei et al. Radiology 200236. 2020. PMID 32003646.
- Novel Wuhan (2019-nCoV) Coronavirus
WG Carlos et al. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2020. PMID 32004066.
- The Next Big Threat to Global Health? 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV): What Advice Can We Give to Travellers? – Interim Recommendations January 2020, From the Latin-American Society for Travel Medicine (SLAMVI)
C Biscayart et al. Travel Med Infect Dis 101567. 2020. PMID 32006657.
- Immunoinformatics-aided Identification of T Cell and B Cell Epitopes in the Surface Glycoprotein of 2019-nCoV
V Baruah et al. J Med Virol. 2020. PMID 32022276.
The 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak has caused a large number of deaths with thousands of confirmed cases worldwide, especially in East Asia. This study took …
- Chest CT Findings in 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Infections From Wuhan, China: Key Points for the Radiologist
JP Kanne. Radiology 200241. 2020. PMID 32017662.
- Note From the Editors: Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
Eurosurveillance Editorial Team. Euro Surveill 25 (3). Jan 2020. PMID 31992390.
- The 2019-new Coronavirus Epidemic: Evidence for Virus Evolution
D Benvenuto et al. J Med Virol. 2020. PMID 31994738.
There is worldwide concern about the new coronavirus 2019-nCoV as a global public health threat. In this article, we provide a preliminary evolutionary and molecular epid …
- Travelers Give Wings to Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
ME Wilson et al. J Travel Med. 2020. PMID 32010938.
- The Novel Chinese Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Infections: Challenges for Fighting the Storm
M Bassetti et al. Eur J Clin Invest e13209. 2020. PMID 32003000.
- Transmission of 2019-nCoV Infection From an Asymptomatic Contact in Germany
C Rothe et al. N Engl J Med. 2020. PMID 32003551.
- Homologous Recombination Within the Spike Glycoprotein of the Newly Identified Coronavirus May Boost Cross-Species Transmission From Snake to Human
W Ji et al. J Med Virol. 2020. PMID 31967321.
The current outbreak of viral pneumonia in the city of Wuhan, China, was caused by a novel coronavirus designated 2019-nCoV by the World Health Organization, as determine …
- Note From the Editors: World Health Organization Declares Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Sixth Public Health Emergency of International Concern
Eurosurveillance Editorial Team. Euro Surveill. 2020. PMID 32019636.
- Genomic Characterization of the 2019 Novel Human-Pathogenic Coronavirus Isolated From a Patient With Atypical Pneumonia After Visiting Wuhan
JF Chan et al. Emerg Microbes Infect 9 (1), 221-236. Dec 2020. PMID 31987001.
A mysterious outbreak of atypical pneumonia in late 2019 was traced to a seafood wholesale market in Wuhan of China. Within a few weeks, a novel coronavirus tentatively n …
- Wuhan: Britons to Be Evacuated as Scientists Estimate 44 000 Cases of 2019-nCOV in the City
J Parry. BMJ 368, m351. 2020. PMID 31996342.
- Receptor Recognition by Novel Coronavirus From Wuhan: An Analysis Based on Decade-Long Structural Studies of SARS
Y Wan et al. J Virol. 2020. PMID 31996437.
Recently a novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) has emerged from Wuhan, China, causing symptoms in humans similar to those caused by SARS coronavirus (SARS-CoV). Since SARS-CoV …
- Learning From the Past: Possible Urgent Prevention and Treatment Options for Severe Acute Respiratory Infections Caused by 2019-nCoV
W Liu et al. Chembiochem. 2020. PMID 32022370.
With the current trajectory of the 2019-nCoV outbreak unknown, public health and medicinal measures will both be needed to contain spreading of the virus and to optimize …
- Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Early-Stage Importation Risk to Europe, January 2020
G Pullano et al. Euro Surveill 25 (4). Jan 2020. PMID 32019667.
As at 27 January 2020, 42 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) cases were confirmed outside China. We estimate the risk of case importation to Europe from affected areas in China
- Genomic Characterisation and Epidemiology of 2019 Novel Coronavirus: Implications for Virus Origins and Receptor Binding
R Lu et al. Lancet. 2020. PMID 32007145.
National Key Research and Development Program of China, National Major Project for Control and Prevention of Infectious Disease in China, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Sha …
- Epidemiological and Clinical Characteristics of 99 Cases of 2019 Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia in Wuhan, China: A Descriptive Study
N Chen et al. Lancet. 2020. PMID 32007143.
National Key R&D Program of China.
- The Association Between Domestic Train Transportation and Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Outbreak in China From 2019 to 2020: A Data-Driven Correlational Report
S Zhao et al. Travel Med Infect Dis 101568. 2020. PMID 32006656.
- Outbreak of Pneumonia of Unknown Etiology in Wuhan China: The Mystery and the Miracle
H Lu et al. J Med Virol. 2020. PMID 31950516.
Since December 2019, a total of 41 cases of pneumonia of unknown etiology have been confirmed in Wuhan city, Hubei Province, China. Wuhan city is a major transportation h …
- A Pneumonia Outbreak Associated With a New Coronavirus of Probable Bat Origin
P Zhou et al. Nature. 2020. PMID 32015507.
Since the SARS outbreak 18 years ago, a large number of severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronaviruses (SARSr-CoV) have been discovered in their natural reservoi …
- Emerging Coronaviruses: Genome Structure, Replication, and Pathogenesis
Y Chen et al. J Med Virol. 2020. PMID 31967327. – Review
The recent emergence of a novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), which is causing an outbreak of unusual viral pneumonia in patients in Wuhan, a central city in China, is another …
- Remdesivir and Chloroquine Effectively Inhibit the Recently Emerged Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in Vitro
M Wang et al. Cell Res. 2020. PMID 32020029.
- RNA Based mNGS Approach Identifies a Novel Human Coronavirus From Two Individual Pneumonia Cases in 2019 Wuhan Outbreak
L Chen et al. Emerg Microbes Infect 9 (1), 313-319. Dec 2020. PMID 32020836.
From December 2019, an outbreak of unusual pneumonia was reported in Wuhan with many cases linked to Huanan Seafood Market that sells seafood as well as live exotic anima …
- The Novel Coronavirus: A Bird’s Eye View
P Habibzadeh et al. Int J Occup Environ Med 11 (2), 65-71. 2020. PMID 32020915. – Review
The novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak, which initially began in China, has spread to many countries around the globe, with the number of confirmed cases increasing e …
- Novel Coronavirus: From Discovery to Clinical Diagnostics
T Phan. Infect Genet Evol 104211. 2020. PMID 32007627.A novel coronavirus designated as 2019-nCoV first appeared in Wuhan, China in late December 2019. Dozens of people died in China, and thousands of people infected as 2019 …
- First Case of 2019 Novel Coronavirus in the United States
ML Holshue et al. N Engl J Med. 2020. PMID 32004427.
An outbreak of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) that began in Wuhan, China, has spread rapidly, with cases now confirmed in multiple countries. We report the first case of 2 …
- Recent Advances in the Detection of Respiratory Virus Infection in Humans
N Zhang et al. J Med Virol. 2020. PMID 31944312. – Review
Respiratory tract viral infection caused by viruses or bacteria is one of the most common diseases in human worldwide, while those caused by emerging viruses, such as the …
- Measures for Diagnosing and Treating Infections by a Novel Coronavirus Responsible for a Pneumonia Outbreak Originating in Wuhan, China
F Yu et al. Microbes Infect. 2020. PMID 32017984.
On 10 January 2020, a new coronavirus causing a pneumonia outbreak in Wuhan City in central China was denoted as 2019-nCoV by the World Health Organization (WHO). As of 2 …
- The Extent of Transmission of Novel Coronavirus in Wuhan, China, 2020
H Nishiura et al. J Clin Med 9 (2). 2020. PMID 31991628.
A cluster of pneumonia cases linked to a novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) was reported by China in late December 2019. Reported case incidence has now reached the hundreds, …
- Updates on Wuhan 2019 Novel Coronavirus Epidemic
F Kofi Ayittey et al. J Med Virol. 2020. PMID 32017153.
What emerged in December 2019 as a cluster of respiratory ailments with inexplicable etiological findings in Wuhan has now claimed roughly 259 lives, sickened nearly 12 t …
- Real-time Tentative Assessment of the Epidemiological Characteristics of Novel Coronavirus Infections in Wuhan, China, as at 22 January 2020
P Wu et al. Euro Surveill 25 (3). Jan 2020. PMID 31992388.
A novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) causing severe acute respiratory disease emerged recently in Wuhan, China. Information on reported cases strongly indicates human-to-human