- To help raise the awareness in our community due to the recent outbreak of 2019-nCoV, CAIPA took the lead in organizing its first press conference on Jan 23, 2020 in CAIPA office located in Flushing, Queen.
- Joining CAIPA is CBW Health Center, Mt. Sinai Beth Israel Hospital, representatives from NYS Senator and NYC Council Member’s Office as well as other community leaders. The goal is to remind the general public to take preventive measures on the transmission of respiratory illnesses.
- From CAIPA, we have COO Peggy Sheng, Medical Director Dr. Richard Ng and Board Member Dr. Alan Yao.
- Ms. Peggy Sheng initiated the press conference on behalf of CAIPA to raise awareness in our community about the Novel CoronaVirus.
- Dr. Richard Ng explained the types of 2019-nCoV.
- Dr. Alan Yao explained the CDC guidelines and demonstrated how to properly wear the mask to prevent exposure to the virus.
- Dr. Gu from CBW reminded the general public to raise their alert on flu prevention as currently, it is the flu season, and take daily precaution.
- Ms. Lucia Chan from Beth Israel Hospital reminded that patients visit ER with a fever and respiratory symptoms need to notify the front desk immediately if they have recent travel history to China.
- Joining the press conference included:
CBW Health Center, Asst. Chief of Internal Medicine: Dr. KangXia Gu
CPC Nan Shan Senior Center Director: Peter Cheng
NY City Council Member Peter Koo Office: Megan Yuan
NYS Senator Toby Stavisky Office Manager: Ms. MinWen Yang