- Greet/check in patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner; inform clinical staff of patient arrival.
- Provide and explain paperwork for the patient to complete prior to examination. Collect, proof for completeness, and file patient forms.
- Update demographic and insurance information in the system; collect co-pays and balances. provide receipts.
- Answer, screen, and respond to routine questions, routes to appropriate personnel, or take thorough messages. Page clinic personnel as appropriate and communicate in an accurate and timely manner according to procedures.
- Check patients out after examination. Schedule returning appointments in accordance with physician and/or office guidelines. Provide patients with appointment details such as time, location, directions, instruction sheets, and other details.
- Schedule returning appointments in accordance with physician and/or office guidelines; record and notify staff with any patient cancellations and missed appointments (will need to reschedule).
- Adhere to confidentiality, state, federal, and HIPPA laws and guidelines regarding patient records.
- Perform administrative and maintenance tasks and other duties as requested or assigned.
- Receptionist or office experience required
- 2+ years of medical office experience strongly preferred
- Chinese speaking required (Mandarin and Cantonese preferred)
- Proficiency with computer systems and Microsoft (Outlook, Office Word, and Excel) required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Waiting period may apply COVID-19 Precaution(s)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Salary: $18 – $21 / hour
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4pm
Location: 15806 Northern Blvd. Flushing, NY 1135